After living in Paris for half a year, I was lucky enough to experience many places and see everything that I had planned in advance.
Therefore, I figured it might be interesting to share my best tips with you guys – maybe for your next city trip to Paris!
1. Buvette has the best breakfast in town!
2. Le Palais Royale is a very beautiful place to stroll, have a nice coffee or just sit and read a book.
3. Take a walk along the Seine when the sun goes down.
4. Le Coq Rico has a really nice ambiance and lovely chicken dishes. Try the Cross Hermitage red wine with it – it’s divine!
5. Père Lachaise is a real experience. I believe it is the loveliest in autumn, when the leaves are colored in yellow, orange and red. This place is so peaceful yet so interesting.
6. St.Germain des Près is a perfect area to do some shopping, visit the Jardin du Luxembourg and sip some coffee in the sun.
7. Les Puces (Porte Clignancourt) is one of the biggest flea markets in Europe. I believe that you can find some real treasures there, no matter if it’s an old issue of Vogue, a fur coat or vintage furniture and lamps for your apartment.
8. In the Latin Quarter you are able to find the best Falafel, but you will have a stand in line for fifteen minutes in peak times.
9. For ballet lovers like me the Opéra (Palais Garnier) is definitely the highlight of a stay in Paris. I did both the guided tour by day and visited a real performance at night. The place was the most fabulous you could imagine and the dance was simply breathtaking.
10. Last but not least: Montmartre is one of the most beautiful areas in Paris, even though it is very touristic. Enjoy the view from Sacre Coeur at night and stroll around the Abbesses area. It is truly wonderful.